Position: Academic Faculty Radiologist Opportunities
Location: Iowa City, IA
Company: University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics; Department of Radiology
Specialty: Radiology; Body Imaging; Cardio-thoracic Imaging; Emergency Radiology; MSK Imaging; Neuroradiology
Rate: Competitive Salary; Generous Benefits Package; Relocation Assistance
Academic Faculty Radiologist Opportunity Description
Changing Medicine. Changing Lives. Celebrating 175 years in 2022, the University of Iowa Health Care (UI Health Care) — one of the nation’s leading academic medical centers, and the only comprehensive academic medical center in Iowa — represents the integrated health-care enterprise of the University of Iowa — one of the state’s largest employers — which includes: UI Hospitals & Clinics; UI Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine; UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital; and UI Physicians, our multi-specialty medical and surgical group.
Explore UI Health Care and join more than 15,000 faculty, staff, students, and volunteers working together to lead advances in medical education, biomedical research, and patient care. Through our commitment to innovation, collaboration, quality and safety, and service, we’re changing medicine and changing lives. And it’s what makes working for UI Health Care so rewarding: You can help change the future of health care and find opportunities for professional growth and career advancement.
Faculty Radiologist Opportunities:
The Department of Radiology seeks full-time Radiologists/Educators to join our growing department. The positions open are for fellowship-trained Body Imager, Musculoskeletal Imager, Neuroradiologist, Thoracic Radiologist, and Emergency Radiologist who brings a general and diverse skill set to our dynamic and growing practice. Interested candidates must be certified by the American Board of Radiology, have excellent clinical and interpersonal skills, demonstrated abilities for teaching and a strong interest or background in academic radiology. Fellowship training or prior academic experience preferred but not required. In addition to clinical activities, teaching and call duties are shared across the division(s). Research startup funds and protected time to pursue academic interests are available.
In response to the recent pandemic, the UI Radiology Department has restructured imaging interpretation and teaching workflows. All faculty Radiologists will have PACS stations at home. In addition, the teaching portion of the position may also be done in-person or remotely, using the department’s online platform.
- MD, DO degree, or equivalent degree.
- Board Certification or Eligibility by the American Board of Radiology (ABR certified).
- Ability to obtain an unrestricted State of Iowa Medical License by time of hire.
- Candidate must be committed to the University’s goal of inclusiveness and have ademonstrated history of working effectively with persons of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, genders, gender identities, sexual orientations, and religions.
THE UI DEPARTMENT OF RADIOLOGY:
The University of Iowa Department of Radiology offers excellence in patient care, education, and research. The department is filmless with an electronic medical record and PACS. Equipped with state-of-the-art technologies and expert providers, we are committed to providing the finest diagnostic and therapeutic radiology services for our patients. As part of this commitment, the department is actively involved in research into new diagnostic and treatment modalities. The department is home to eight clinical divisions and is comprised of approximately 37 staff physicians, 14 fellows, 16 PhD researchers, and 36 residents.
Our advanced equipment uses two Siemens 16-Slice Sensations CT scanners (one devoted entirely to research), a Siemens 64-slice scanner, three Toshiba Aquilions, four 1.5 Tesla MRI scanners (including a GECVII MRI scanner), a Siemens 3T MR, seven Siemens ultrasound machines, two new, state-of-the-art Siemens GI fluoroscopy suites, and two recently-installed angiographic suites.
THE UNIVERSITY OF IOWA HIGHLIGHTS:
- We performed over 364,000 radiographic examinations–procedures like X-rays, PET scans, CT scans, and MRIs.
- UI Hospitals & Clinics is the only nationally-ranked hospital in Iowa, and is ranked among the nation’s best in a 2021-22 ranking by S. News & World Report.
- UI Department of Radiology Ranks 27th in the Country for NIH Funding of Radiology Research.
- The University of Iowa has been named one of the top universities in the United States for 2022 and the world in a ranking by the Times of London’s higher education supplement.
- Forbes Magazine ranked UI Health Care on its 2020 list of “Best Employers for Diversity.” UI Health Care is No. 47 nationwide and No. 10 in its Healthcare & Social category.
- An 860-bed public teaching hospital and level 1 trauma center affiliated with the University of Iowa.
- We are a major transplant center; in fiscal year 2020, we performed over 550 organ and tissue transplants.
- The University of Iowa is the only NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center in the state and has a large number of very active clinical and research programs.
- UIHC is HIMSS level 7 certified in both inpatient and outpatient care as well as a 2014 HIMSS Enterprise Davies Award Recipient.
- The UIHC Stead Family Children’s Hospital opened in 2017 and is Iowa’s only comprehensive children’s hospital. It is listed as one of the S. News & World Report 2020-21 Best Children’s Hospitals.
- As an employee you will enjoy generous benefits, compensation packages, and work/life programs.
Discover Iowa City, IA
Nestled along the Iowa River and surrounded by rural rolling hills, Iowa City perennially ranks as one of America’s best places to live. Iowa City offers big-city amenities within a college town atmosphere. It’s a community that takes pride in openness, inclusion, and safety. It’s a place where everyone’s welcome.
But it’s also a cultural hub, a gathering place for artists of every medium, the home of some of America’s most inventive minds, and so much more. Indie boutiques and major retailers challenge even the most seasoned of shoppers. Hiking, biking and kayaking encourage the explorers. Football and wrestling attract the UI loyal by the thousands. Museums, libraries and fossils intrigue the curious. And with craft breweries and farm-to-table restaurants, foodies think they’ve died and gone to heaven.
From the eclectic, collegiate spirit of Iowa City and the University of Iowa to the retail shopping, dinning and entertainment districts Coralville to the recreational attractions of North Liberty, greater Iowa City is a place to engage your curiosity.
For immediate and confidential consideration, please email a current CV and letter of interest to Julie Miller: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com
Associate Partner – Academic Radiology
Kaye/Bassman International Corp.
Phone: (972) 265-5236 – Direct
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included.
UI Department of Radiology has been retained Kaye/Bassman to provide executive search services for the Department of Radiology. University of Iowa is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.