Position: Academic OBGYN Physician – Assistant Professor in the Department of OBGYN
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Status: Full-time, Employed, Salaried Position
Company: University of Toledo College of Medicine & Life Sciences; ProMedica Health System
Specialty: Obstetrics and Gynecology
Salary + Benefits: Competitive Pay; Comprehensive Benefits Package & Retirement Options; Relocation Assistance
Academic OBGYN Physician Opportunity Description
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Toledo (UToledo) College of Medicine and Life Sciences is seeking an experienced clinician and academic OBGYN physician to carry out the clinical, educational, and academic duties and responsibilities of the appointment as assigned by the Department Chair. The Assistant Professor in the Department of OBGYN will be a new addition to the world-class community-based clinical training, patient care, research, and education programs within the Department.
The UToledo College of Medicine and Life Sciences and ProMedica, a Toledo-based health system delivering quality health care services to 27 counties in northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan, have partnered to create a world-class academic medical center to enhance the training and education of the next generation of medicine. This longstanding partnership encompasses a financial investment of more than $2.5 billion. The UToledo College of Medicine and Life Sciences ranks among the Best Medical Schools in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
This position provides major support for UToledo’s strategy to become the regional market leader in state-of-the-art and innovative OBGYN hospitalist services in northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. UToledo leadership especially welcomes applications from underrepresented minorities as we seek to extend our diversity and inclusivity across the University, College, Department, and health system.
As the Academic OBGYN Physician, you will:
- Be a seasoned OBGYN specialist with the academic background necessary to expand clinical services.
- UTMC’s Department of OBGYN offers a full spectrum of clinical services for women, from yearly examinations and screenings to highly specialized procedures.
- More than 12 fellowship-trained faculty on staff, with high academic and community faculty collegiality.
- Robust gynecologic training including robotic, laparoscopic, and vaginal surgery. Extensive training in both low-risk and high-risk obstetrics.
- Work on one of the most technologically advanced campuses in the U.S.—the renowned Lloyd A. Jacobs Interprofessional Immersive Simulation Center—“a game changer” in medical education.
- Benefit from an academic partnership with ProMedica—one of the region’s largest healthcare systems—offering significant educational and research opportunities.
- Join the second-largest employer in northwest Ohio where you’ll have opportunities for professional growth and personal career satisfaction.
- Work at a major public research university, offering a large network of richly diverse people and services, generous benefits, flexible work schedules, and a healthy work-life balance, all on vibrant campuses surrounded by green space.
- Living in Toledo offers a low-cost of living and a metropolitan lifestyle that is second to none. Situated on the banks of the Maumee River and on the shores of Lake Erie, Toledo is a friendly and enterprising community, offering outstanding Metroparks, a world-class zoo, professional sports teams, and endless recreational activities year-round. In fact, Toledo ranks No. 2 Best Place for Outdoor Lovers by U.S. News & World Report.
- A short drive to beaches, lake-side parks, and ferry access to popular island destinations, Toledo offers both the cultural amenities of a big city and close-knit feel of a small town. Plus, appreciate easy access to Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, and Columbus!
- Collaborative Consultative Practice with excellent clinical support team.
- No in-house call.
- Share call coverage.
- 24-hour academic OB hospitalist program.
- Fully accredited OBGYN residency program (approved for expansion to a total of 20 residents/year).
- Serving 13 hospitals throughout NW Ohio and SE Michigan.
- Experience a highly clinical and collaborative work environment; Healthy work-life balance…all on vibrant campuses surrounded by green space.
- Research, education, and patient care are the hallmarks of our medical program.
- Updated curriculum places a premium on early clinical experiences for medical students, as well as real-world, hands-on experiences.
The successful candidate for the Academic OBGYN Physician position will have:
- Active candidacy or diplomate status with the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Successful completion of a 4-year accredited OBGYN residency with suitability for performance of general OBGYN inpatient and outpatient clinical duties.
- Full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state of Ohio.
For immediate/confidential consideration, all expressions of interest (including a CV and a letter of interest) should be submitted to Mark Foutz: email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary and academic rank for this position will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience and academic background. UToledo/ProMedica offer an excellent benefits package including generous paid time off, retirement benefits, etc.
UToledo has partnered with Kaye/Bassman to provide executive search services for the Department of OBGYN. UToledo is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.