Division Chief Pediatric Endocrinology
Position: Division Chief of Pediatric Endocrinology
Location: Lubbock, Texas
Status: Full-time, Employed, Salaried Position
Institution: Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Specialty: Endocrinology; Pediatric Endocrinology; Pediatrics; Medical Education
Salary + Benefits: Competitive Pay; Comprehensive Benefits Package & Retirement Options; Relocation Assistance
Division Chief Pediatric Endocrinology Opportunity Description
Lead and help shape a shared vision for Pediatric Endocrinology Services in West Texas and beyond
With an increased need for endocrinology services in Western Texas and eastern New Mexico, the Department of Pediatrics at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) is currently recruiting for a Pediatric Endocrinologist to serve as the Chief of the Division of Pediatric Endocrinology in Lubbock, Texas. The Division Chief will contribute to the university’s mission through teaching, research, and service, some variation by academic unit.Rank of Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor and applicable salary are dependent upon candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Serving a population of roughly 1.4 million people, the Department of Pediatrics is a major referral center for a vast region between Dallas, Texas, and Albuquerque, New Mexico.
The Department of Pediatrics strives to provide the highest standard of medical care for its patients, ensure excellence in the education of medical students and resident physicians, and serve as an advocate for pediatric health issues throughout the region and state. Ancillary services include hospice care, child life therapy, social work, physical and occupational therapy, and music therapy. Other Pediatric Sub-Specialty Services at Covenant Children’s Hospital (CCH), University Medical Center (UMC)/Texas Tech Physicians Lubbock include Adolescent Medicine, Anesthesiology, Cardiology, Endocrinology, Infectious Disease, Hematology/Oncology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Ophthalmology, Orthopedic Surgery, Pediatric Hospitalist, Pediatric Intensive Care, Pulmonology, Radiology, Surgery, and Urology.
- Inspire and leave a legacy on Endocrinology throughout the large geographic service area.
- Lead our team of 3 board-certified pediatric endocrinologists to provide outstanding clinical care to a diverse patient population in Western Texas and eastern New Mexico.
- Educate the next generation of clinicians by delivering comprehensive education to pediatric residents and Texas Tech medical students.
Where You’ll Work:
- TTUHSC is recognized as a “Great College to Work For” and one of the “Best Companies to Work for in Texas®.”
- State-of-the-art Facilities/Clinics: A 32-exam room clinic with Pediatric Generalists and other Sub-Specialists at UMC Pavilion. A 16-room clinic with other Sub-Specialists at Covenant Children’s Hospital (CCH).
- Work Schedule: 80% clinical; 20% protected for administration and research. 7 half-days in clinic; and inpatient consults as needed.
- Pediatric Patient Caseload: 355,621 clinic visits in FY21, averaging 7 to 10 clinic visits per half day.
- Texas Tech Physicians of Lubbock is the largest medical practice in West Texas with some of the most specialized pediatric physicians in the region.
- EHR System: Cerner and EPIC available at University Medical Center and Covenant Children’s Hospital.
- Generous Benefits package including competitive salary, relocation expenses, and CME/professional development (AAP dues paid by department). Faculty participation in regional and national organizations is supported and encouraged.
- Live in a Top-Rated City: Lubbock’s natural beauty offers a mild climate with 260 days of sunshine per year, breathtaking sunrises/sunsets, and serene outdoor spaces for year-round, family-friendly adventures. Lubbock offers a college town atmosphere, affordable cost of living, minimal traffic, and high-quality public and private schools. As an actively growing community, Lubbock’s thriving metropolitan hub has new residential areas, many eclectic restaurants, lively events, a world-class art scene, and small-town charm. From cultural festivals to Texas Monthly-recognized BBQ joints to classical symphony concerts, the diverse entertainment and leisure opportunities in this “Hub City” are endless.
- MD, DO degree, or equivalent degree required.
- Board-certified or Board-eligible in Pediatric Endocrinology by American Board of Pediatrics (ABP).
- Texas state medical license or eligibility for medical licensure in the state of Texas.
- Two (2+) years’ experience with evidence of progressive management responsibilities (preferred).
- The ideal candidate for the Pediatric Endocrinology Division Chief position will be a mid-career physician with prior leadership experience/roles (i.e., Directorships, Committee Chairs, etc.). The Division Chief will have a demonstrable record of collaboration, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, enthusiasm for medical education and mentoring faculty, and an ability to engage a broad base of potential stakeholders to work towards a shared vision.
For immediate and confidential consideration, please inquire with an updated copy of your CV and a letter of interest. Qualified and interested candidates should submit their interest to Eric Dickerson: email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org
Managing Director & Sr. Practice Leader
Kaye/Bassman International Corp.
Phone: (972) 265-5245 – Direct
Email: email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org
Compensation + Benefits:
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to skill, knowledge, experience, education, and credentials. TTUHSC offers competitive pay and a full benefits package that includes 401(k), Health, Dental and Vision insurance, paid vacation, sick, and holidays.
The Texas Tech University System proudly participates with the Employees Retirement System of Texas (ERS).Health and benefits programs offered through ERS are designed to enhance the lives of our team members, in return for helping to make the Texas Tech University System and its universities a great place to work.
TTUHSC has partnered with Kaye/Bassman to fill this position for the Department of Pediatrics. TTUHSC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse staff, faculty, and student body. In accordance with established laws, the University prohibits discrimination based on race, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military service, or political affiliation for employees in all aspects of employment and for students in academic programs and activities.