Position: Family Medicine Faculty – Core Faculty with Benefits in the Family Medicine Residency Program
Location: Albany, Georgia
Status: Full-time, Employed, Salaried Position
Company: Phoebe Putney Health System; Phoebe Family Medicine Residency Program
Specialty: Family Medicine; Graduate Medical Education; Family Medicine Residency Program Faculty
Salary + Benefits: Competitive Pay; Comprehensive Benefits Package & Retirement Options; Relocation Assistance
Family Medicine Physician – Core Faculty Opportunity Description
Phoebe Putney Health System is Southwest Georgia’s preferred career choice for family physicians (M.D. or D.O.) wanting to improve the community’s health by joining a cutting-edge program led by some of the region’s most advanced healthcare providers. Your career at Phoebe will allow you to collaborate in a close-knit setting within the area’s premier employer, offering a family-oriented culture, outstanding benefits, and many ways to develop your career.
To continue this trajectory, Phoebe Putney Health System is seeking an experienced and dynamic family physician to join our ACGME-accredited Family Medicine Residency Program as Core Faculty. By joining the Phoebe Family as a primary care physician and medical education leader, you will have the opportunity to help shape the direction and goals of the Phoebe Family Medicine Residency program at the national level. Additionally, the Family Medicine Faculty Member will be responsible for assisting with input over the day-to-day operations of the program, including resident and faculty scholarly activity, assessment and mentorship of residents, engagement with hospital leadership and the community, resident recruitment efforts, and clinical and teaching supervision and leadership.
FM RESIDENCY PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS:
- Join a successful residency program with a team of 5 board-certified faculty members, overseeing the professional training of 22 current FM residents at Phoebe Putney Health System.
- A rigorous 3-year training program that gives FM residents a strong academic focus in a state-of-the-art community hospital.
- Resident Pass Rate: 100% resident pass rate for the last 7 years.
- As an unopposed program in a large, multi-specialty hospital, we have the benefit of first-access to many cases and procedures with all the technological advances.
- Curriculum: The integrated and flexible 3-year curriculum meets ACGME/RRC-FM requirements for accreditation.
- Medical Students receive clinical experiences at various levels of training, including core and elective clerkships.
- EHR Systems include: Meditech at hospital; Athena at clinic.
- Career Growth Opportunities in inpatient service, outpatient teaching, didactic, clinic, recruitment of new residents; academic protected time and half days, and other teaching opportunities.
- More Incentives:$10K sign-on bonus and up to $15K in relocation assistance. PTO days, plus holidays; CME allowance of $5K; Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF); etc.
Phoebe Putney Health System is a proud member of the Georgia Diversity Council, and we are committed to equity in hiring, promotions, and opportunities. We recognize that diversity and inclusion make us stronger as a healthcare community and we strive to be an accurate reflection of the communities we serve.
- Terminal Degree Required: M.D., D.O., or equivalent medical degree is required.
- Current certification or eligibility by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) in his/her specialty:
- American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) or American Osteopathic Board of Family Medicine (AOBFM) or hold credentials deemed equivalent to Certification by the ACGME’s Family Medicine Review Committee is required.
- Must obtain a License to practice medicine in Georgia and be credentialed at the facilities of his/her clinical engagement.
- The ideal candidate has at least three (3) years of clinical and/or leadership experience in an academic/teaching environment, but not required.
- OB Fellowship or experience is a plus; Simulation training, point-of-care ultrasound, and procedural interest a plus.
- D.O. with interest in OMT also a plus, but not a requirement.
Applicants are asked to apply online via the career website: https://www.kbic.com/job/faculty-family-medicine-residency-eb-9591827034 Expressions of interest, including a CV, should be submitted to Elaine Auerbach: email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org
Elaine Auerbach, MBA, MPH
Managing Partner & Practice Leader
Kaye/Bassman International Corp.
Phone: (972) 265-5259– Direct
Phoebe Putney Health System qualifies for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) and has recently launched Tuition.io, an internal tool for Phoebe employees that offers:
- Assistance navigating PSLF process
- Identifying the best student loan repayment strategy
- Learning about loan options available for you and your college-bound family members
- Learning about risks and benefits of refinancing student debt
Comprehensive Salary + Benefits/Incentives:
- Impressive compensation package
- Sign-on bonus
- 403(b) match
- Relocation stipend
- Benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision
- CME allowance
- Access to health system owned and operated wellness facility (gym) and child development center
- A positive work-life balance and Southwest Georgia’s natural beauty and lifestyle
Phoebe Putney Health System has partnered with Kaye/Bassman to recruit for this Family Medicine Residency Faculty position in Albany, GA. Phoebe is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.