Position: General OBGYN Physician – Assistant/Associate Professor in the Department of OBGYN
Location: Lubbock, TX
Status: Full-time, Employed, Salaried Position
Company: Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Specialty: Obstetrics and Gynecology (OBGYN)
Salary + Benefits: Competitive Pay; Comprehensive Benefits Package & Retirement Options; Relocation Assistance
General OBGYN Physician Opportunity Description
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) is seeking a board-certified or board-eligible OBGYN Specialist for a full-time faculty position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor in Lubbock, Texas. The Assistant/Associate Professor in OBGYN will contribute to the university’s mission through teaching, research, and service. Rank of Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor and applicable salary are dependent upon candidate’s qualifications and experience.
The highly active department has a Center for Perinatal Medicine and a nationally recognized Center for Fertility and Reproductive Surgery in Lubbock. Our referral base – a Level 1 trauma region – is geographically large with a catchment area that includes eastern New Mexico and West Texas.
Duties would include supervision and teaching of residents and medical students, 2-3 half days per week in a private clinic, labor and delivery coverage, gynecologic surgery, and in-house night call 4-5 times per month. The successful candidate should have a strong commitment to provide clinical care and lead innovative change in a diverse clinical practice as well as independent and/or collaborative research.
Where You’ll Work:
- TTUHSC is recognized as a “Great College to Work For” and one of the “Best Companies to Work for in Texas®.”
- State-of-the-art Facilities/Clinics: Up-to-date clinical OBGYN labs to support medical procedures. The department has a Center for Perinatal Medicine, Center for Fertility and Reproductive Surgery, Gynecology Oncology Center, and three (3) Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinics.
- OBGYN Patient Caseload: Averaging 50,000+ patient visits per year, approximately 800 gynecologic surgeries annually and 3,000 annual deliveries.
- Excellent opportunity for collaborative relationship with basic scientists, general medicine, and surgery.
- Competitive salary, exceptional state benefits including paid malpractice, PTO, vacation and sick leave, CME/Professional Development, and relocation expenses. Faculty participation in regional and national organizations is supported and encouraged.
- Texas Tech Physicians of Lubbock is the largest medical practice in West Texas.
- Electronic Health Record System: Cerner available at Main Campus HSC, used by both TTUHSC and University Medical Center.
- Live in a Top-Rated City: Lubbock’s natural beauty offers a mild climate with 260 days of sunshine per year, breathtaking sunrises/sunsets, and serene outdoor spaces for year-round, family-friendly adventures. Lubbock offers a college town atmosphere, affordable cost of living, minimal traffic, and high-quality public and private schools. As an actively growing community, Lubbock’s thriving metropolitan hub has new residential areas, many eclectic restaurants, lively events, a world-class art scene, and small-town charm. From cultural festivals to Texas Monthly-recognized BBQ joints to classical symphony concerts, the diverse entertainment and leisure opportunities in this “Hub City” are endless.
TTUHSC is especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute through their research, teaching and/or service to the diversity and excellence of the academic community.
- MD or DO degree required.
- Board Certified or Board eligible by American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ABOG).
- Texas state medical license or eligibility for medical licensure in the state of Texas.
- Qualifications for faculty appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor/Associate Professor or higher.
The Texas Tech University System proudly participates with the Employees Retirement System of Texas (ERS). Health and benefits programs offered through ERS are designed to enhance the lives of our team members, in return for helping to make the Texas Tech University System and its universities a great place to work.
TTUHSC strongly encourages applications from all qualified applicants, including women and minorities. TTUHSC offers excellent salary and benefits with an incentive plan.
For immediate/confidential consideration, all expressions of interest (including a CV and a letter of interest) should be submitted to Mark Foutz: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com
TTUHSC has partnered with Kaye/Bassman to fill this position for the Department of OBGYN. TTUHSC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and welcomes and encourages applications from women, persons of color, veterans and persons with disabilities.