Position: GME Program Director: Family Medicine Residency Program
Location: Eau Claire, WI
Status: Full-time, Employed, Salaried Position
Company: Prevea Health
Specialty: Family Medicine; Graduate Medical Education (GME); Residency Director
Salary + Benefits: Competitive Pay; Comprehensive Benefits Package & Retirement Options; Relocation Assistance
GME Family Medicine Residency Program Director Opportunity Description
Prevea Health and Hospital Sisters Health System (HSHS), in conjunction with its academic partners, the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) and the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health (UW SMPH), are pleased to launch a national search for a new Family Medicine Residency Program Director in Eau Claire, WI. This is an exceptional opportunity for a dynamic, visionary leader to help shape the future direction of this vital and well-established residency program.
Prevea Health Family Medicine is located in a highly visible and accessible area of Eau Claire, with approximately 12,500 visits each year. The Prevea Health Family Medicine Residency Program has ACGME recognition for osteopathic residency training and has a robust curriculum that excels in balancing medicine, pediatrics, obstetrics, and outpatient procedures. The program embraces evidence-based medicine, full spectrum family medicine, and community service. Elective opportunities provide residents with time to explore personal areas of interest.
The community-based residency program is approved for a total of 16-17 residents (5 residents/year) and has been training family physicians in urban and rural communities throughout the region since 1975. Patient-populations served include working with Hmong, Hispanic, and Amish populations, as well as serving as the Chippewa Valley Technical College (CVTC) student health service.
With more than 40 locations throughout northeast Wisconsin and western Wisconsin’s Chippewa Valley, Prevea Health is the largest physician-owned multi-specialty group in Wisconsin.
- Single-specialty 5-5-5 program
- ACGME accredited allopathic and osteopathic recognized family medicine residency training
- Only comprehensive geriatric assessment program in northwest Wisconsin, member of Wisconsin Alzheimer’s Institute (WAI)
- Six (6) family physician faculty (MD and DO) and an onsite behaviorist have more than 100 years of combined teaching experience
- The program is fully sponsored by the Wisconsin Northern & Central Graduate Medical Education Consortium (WiNC GME Consortium)
- Over 75 community faculty members work with residents in a variety of inpatient and outpatient settings
- Over 2,250 graduates, a majority practicing in Wisconsin
- Located in a state-of-the-art medical facility, just minutes from the local hospitals
- Work in partnership with one of Wisconsin’s largest hospital systems, HSHS, alongside specialized physician support
- EPIC, electronic medical record system, in both ambulatory and inpatient settings
- Shared Human Patient Simulator laboratory with CVTC
- 18 exam rooms and two (2) procedure rooms; Digital x-ray suite and ultrasound suite
- Diverse practice settings: Community-based programs, rural training tracks, and inner-city sites
- Generous and competitive benefit packages; Full spectrum of privileges; Grant and loan repayment programs available
- Eau Claire is included in Livability.com’s Top 100 Places to Live
- SmartAsset.com ranks Eau Claire #3 on its list of Most Livable Small Cities in the U.S.
- Board Certification by the American Board of Family Medicine or American Osteopathic Board of Family Medicine, or hold credentials deemed equivalent to Certification by the ACGME’s Family Medicine Residency Review Committee.
- At least three (3) years of educational and/or GME administrative experience.
- An in-depth understanding of regulatory and accreditation systems involved in GME.
- Unrestricted credentials within Prevea Health, Hospital Sisters Health System (HSHS), and be licensed to practice medicine by the State of Wisconsin.
Salary and academic rank for this position will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience and academic background. Prevea Health offers an excellent benefits package including generous paid time off, retirement benefits, etc.
For immediate consideration, please inquire with an updated copy of your CV and a letter of interest. All inquiries should be sent to Elaine Auerbach: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com
Kaye/Bassman has partnered with Prevea Health to provide executive search services for the Department of GME. Prevea Health is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.