Position: GME Program Director: Internal Medicine Residency Program
Location: San Francisco, CA
Status: Full-time, Employed, Salaried Position
Company: North East Medical Services
Specialty: Internal Medicine; Graduate Medical Education (GME); Residency Director
Salary + Benefits: Competitive Pay; Comprehensive Benefits Package & Retirement Options; Relocation Assistance
GME Internal Medicine Residency Program Director Opportunity Description
North East Medical Services (NEMS), one of the largest community health centers in the U.S. serving the medically underserved Asian population, is seeking a founding Program Director to develop a 12-resident (4 per year) GME Internal Medicine Residency Program offering trainees the opportunity to gain exposure to the world of community-based health with sensitivity to vulnerable populations. Celebrating 50 years of medical excellence and services in 2021, NEMS is a non-profit federally qualified health center (FQHC) serving the San Francisco Bay Area since 1971. NEMS is a recognized National Quality Leader and offers comprehensive health care services to more than 65,000 patients per year across 13 clinics. In 2020, NEMS provided 351,809 patient encounters.
As the demand for quality and accessible health care grows, so does the need for talented and compassionate primary care providers with the cultural sensitivity and linguistic competence to support this diverse population. This is an opportunity to take on the leadership of a new internal medicine residency program and to help lead the development of Graduate Medical Education at NEMS that will continue to impact the quality-of-care delivery and health outcomes of this large population.
The Program Director will have access to state-of-the-art technologies, as well as the rich experiences and resources of this well-established and expanding community health center committed to educating the next generation of healthcare professionals in a patient-centered environment.
NEMS has received multiple national awards from HRSA including the National Quality Leader Award in Diabetic Health, which represents the top 1-2% of all health centers. Our clinical quality outcomes have been one of the best in the nation as reflected through our performance on the HEDIS scores.
- Join a prestigious community health center that includes 13 community clinics and employs a staff of more than 700 healthcare professionals dedicated to providing world-class health services throughout the region.
- With NEMS’ high patient volumes and extensive primary care network, the Internal Medicine Residency Program, sponsored by NEMS, is planned to enroll as many as twelve (12) residents per year.
- Access to state-of-the-art continuity clinics designed to create a collaborative learning environment for resident training, patient care delivery, and faculty space.
- Benefit from the mentorship of senior national experts in GME and program accreditation.
- Continue to build a legacy model of health care and establish your legacy—one that enriches the quality of GME and expands clinical training capacity in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- An exceptional variety of clinical training environments with abundant opportunities to teach.
- Healthy work-life balance…all on vibrant campuses surrounded by green space.
- Excellent Total compensation and benefit package options that provide security for you and your family
- Board Certification by the American Board of Internal Medicine or American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine, or hold credentials deemed equivalent to Certification by the ACGME’s Internal Medicine RRC.
- At least three (3) years of educational and/or GME administrative experience.
- Demonstrated clinical competence as a practicing physician.
- Unrestricted license or eligibility to practice medicine by the state of California.
- Bilingual candidate preferred but not required (Cantonese, Mandarin, or other languages).
Salary and academic rank for this position will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience and academic background. NEMS offers an excellent benefits package including generous paid time off, retirement benefits, etc.
San Francisco Bay Area
San Francisco Bay Area and Northern California captures many of the best things that the state of California has to offer. From the mild weather and beautiful natural landscapes along the coast, to the vibrancy of high-tech metropolitan areas like San Francisco and Silicon Valley, to the diversity of people, food, events, and activities across the region, you are sure to find something to fall in love with here. Enjoy distinct seasons for recreational activities, some the finest schools in the nation, access to exemplary medical facilities, and world-class culture.