Position: Vice President and Assistant Dean, Graduate Medical Education (GME)
Location: Fox Cities, WI
Status: Full-time, Employed, Salaried Position
Company: Medical College of Wisconsin/ThedaCare
Specialty: Graduate Medical Education (GME)
Salary + Benefits: Competitive Pay; Comprehensive Benefits Package & Retirement Options; Relocation Assistance
Vice President and Assistant Dean, GME Opportunity Description
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), a distinguished academic medical center, and ThedaCare, the largest comprehensive healthcare provider in Northeast Wisconsin, are at the forefront of medicine and are dedicated to educating and training physicians to help them face tomorrow’s challenges. Through the MCW and its community partners, ThedaCare and MCW have combined their extensive and varied resources to provide the foundation necessary for a broad spectrum of system-wide graduate medical education programs throughout Northeast and Central Wisconsin.
With this vision in mind, MCW-ThedaCare are pleased to launch a national search for a Vice President, Graduate Medical Education (VP of GME) to help shape the future direction of the GME programs and develop the infrastructure for the new residencies across the ThedaCare system. This position will also serve as Assistant Dean, Graduate Medical Education at MCW and will be primarily based in the Fox Cities. Wisconsin’s Fox Cities include 19 communities nestled along the shores of Lake Winnebago and the Fox River, including two of ThedaCare’s largest service areas: Appleton and Neenah, WI.
Under the direction of the Chief Clinical Officer, ThedaCare, and the Sr. Associate Dean for GME & Accreditation, the Medical College of Wisconsin, the VP/Assistant Dean of GME will provide the strategy, oversight, and management for the GME programs across the system that will continue to impact the quality-of-care delivery and health outcomes of this population. Access to state-of-the-art medical technology, a wide scope of patient populations, and the opportunity to pursue research, coupled with the expertise of the MCW-ThedaCare faculty, provide a solid foundation for a rewarding career as a physician leader in any medical specialty or subspecialty.
- Exceptional Clinical Training: The Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals (MCWAH) sponsors 98 ACGME-accredited (residency and fellowship) programs with over 900 residents and fellows enrolled. MCWAH offers almost 200 first-year residency positions in 21 disciplines. Fellowship positions are available in 73 subspecialties. MCW is nationally ranked in the top 5% in the number of residents trained.
- Each program is supervised by a dedicated program director and supported by a robust academic community.
- Diverse Learning Settings: Work with a diverse patient population at distinct community sites within a largely underserved region.
- World-class providers are committed to supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion in our trainee population.
- Access to nationally recognized, NIH-funded research facilities and the 3rd largest private medical school in the nation with the latest advancements.
- ThedaCare is the largest locally based employer with 6,700 employees, seven hospitals, 32 clinics, and comprehensive healthcare services across nine counties, serving over 200,000 patients annually.
- Collaborate within ThedaCare’s Clinically Integrated Network and its NextGen ACO Model.
- Continue to build a legacy model of health care and establish your legacy — one that enriches the quality of GME, leads to innovative discoveries, and expands clinical training capacity in Wisconsin and beyond.
- Experience a close knit, supportive environment that fosters camaraderie, excellence, and well-being.
- Excellent Total compensation and comprehensive benefit package options that provide security for you and your family.
- Live in a vibrant location – a thriving metropolitan area on one of the Great Lakes; easy access to Chicago.
- Fantastic cultural and dining attractions are top-flight, and waterfront options can be active or leisurely. Enjoy multiple festivals throughout the year, MLB, NBA, and college sporting events. Healthy work-life balance.
- Experience a big-city lifestyle with the ambiance of a small town surrounded by incredible natural landscapes.
Successful Candidate Should Have:
- M.D. or D.O. from an accredited program required.
- Licensed or eligible to practice medicine by the State of Wisconsin by start of appointment.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience with relevant GME experience in roles such as an Assistant Program Director, Program Director or DIO, Executive Director, or Vice President of GME.
- Have an in-depth understanding of regulatory and accreditation systems involved in GME.
Salary and academic rank for this position will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience and academic background. MCW/ThedaCare offer an excellent benefits package including generous paid time off, retirement benefits, etc.