Position: Program Director of the OB/GYN Residency Program
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
Status: Full-time, Employed, Salaried Position
Company: Parkview Health
Specialty: Obstetrics and Gynecology; OB GYN; Graduate Medical Education; Residency Director
Salary + Benefits: Competitive Pay; Comprehensive Benefits Package & Retirement Options; Relocation Assistance
OB/GYN Residency Program Director Description
Parkview Health, a not-for-profit, community-based health system serving a northeast Indiana and northwest Ohio population of more than 895,000, is seeking a Founding Program Director to develop a new Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB/GYN) Residency Program (4 residents per year). As the region’s largest employer with more than 13,000 employees, Parkview Health includes an extensive network of primary care and specialty physicians and nine(9) hospitals, with the Parkview Regional Medical Center campus a regional destination for specialized care.
This is an opportunity for an experienced OB/GYN Residency Program Director to build a program that will fill a vital need and have significant impact on the quality of care delivery and health outcomes of this population. Backed by strong leadership and Board support, Parkview Health has invested significant resources towards the development of more than ten (10) medical residency programs during the next five to seven years. You will benefit from Parkview’s robust infrastructure, state-of-the-art technologies, collaborative relationships with community partners, and existing team of highly skilled physicians who can train the next generation of caregivers.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE:
The Program Director will be a BC/BE physician who is well seasoned clinically but who also has the academic background necessary in OB/GYN to help create and to achieve the goals and objectives of the Founding OB/GYN Residency Program at Parkview Health.
- Board Certification by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology or appropriate equivalent educational qualifications as determined by the RRC.
- At least three (3) years documented educational and/or administrative abilities; or possess qualifications acceptable to the ACGME’s Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Review Committee is required. Possessing specialty expertise and demonstration of clinical competence as a practicing physician is required.
- Experience as a core faculty member in an ACGME-accredited OB/GYN residency/fellowship program.
- Have leadership experience and be willing to further develop one’s leadership abilities.
- Ability to recruit faculty members both from within our training program and beyond.
- Eligible for unrestricted medical licensure in the State of Indiana prior to the start of appointment.
WHY CHOOSE PARKVIEW HEALTH?
- Parkview Health named Top 15 Health Systems by IBM Watson Health™.
- The region’s largest employer, serving the communities since 1878.
- Parkview Health has a Moody’s Bond Rating of Aa3.
- Parkview Health named Most Wired® for sixth consecutive year.
- Parkview Health has been named Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare.
- Parkview Health named one of America’s Best Employers by Forbes Magazine.
- Multiple Parkview hospitals included in 100 Top Hospitals® list, also earn Everest Award.
- Three Parkview hospitals recognized among the Best Places to Work in Indiana.
- Magnet status.
- Comprehensive Stroke Center.
- Certified Level II Adult and Pediatric Trauma Centers.
- Accredited Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Accredited Chest Pain Center.
- Parkview has the region’s only CyberKnife® System.
- As the second-largest metropolitan area in the state, Fort Wayne offers an urban education setting that’s rich with medical resources and full-time faculty.
- Fort Wayne, the region’s hub consistently ranks as one of the best places to live in the United States and boasts some of the nation’s lowest cost of living.
Salary and academic rank for this position will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience and academic background. Parkview Health offers an excellent benefits package including generous paid time off, retirement benefits, etc. A comprehensive benefits package is included.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Northeast Indiana is less than three hours from Chicago, Cincinnati, and Indianapolis, and it has its own unique vibe and easy-going lifestyle. Fort Wayne, the region’s hub and Indiana’s second largest city consistently ranks as one of the best places to live in the United States and boasts some of the nation’s lowest cost of living. Fort Wayne is supported by a large vibrant community, economic development, easy airport access, unique boutiques and farmer’s markets, outstanding museums and art galleries, a booming brewery scene, award-winning chefs, and a cool music scene (it’s even nicknamed the “Midwest Music City”).
Northeast Indiana has the charm of small-town life, but with big-city amenities, like vibrant downtown Fort Wayne. Cliché, we know, but still true. It has dining and nightlife that rival the most eclectic places across the nation. Whether you want to find a cozy spot to grab a drink before a show, or a great place to hang out and have a great time, we’ve got plenty of options for you!