Dear Friends and Family,
We invite you to join us for the Kaye/Bassman Foundation’s 16th annual charity fundraiser, “A Sky Full of Stars” – of Hollywood stars, that is! We are rolling out the red carpet so come dressed as your favorite movie character, famous celebrity couple, or just some good old fashioned Hollywood glitz and glamour!
“A Sky Full of Stars” supporting Baylor Health Care Systems Cancer Department and Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy will be held at Sambuca 360 in the Shops at Legacy on Friday, October 27th for a night out like no other. Since inception, the Foundation has donated over $1,500,000 to our deserving charities, and we appreciate your support as we continue to make a tremendous impact on these two invaluable organizations!
In 2010, we lost our dear friend and Partner Cindy Ornish after a long and courageous battle with breast cancer. Cindy was a 19 year veteran of KBIC, and inspired all of us with her strength and determination. Cindy’s last wish was for the Kaye/Bassman Foundation to allocate funds to the Baylor Cancer Program. We are thrilled that through the generosity of our supporters, we were able to name an exam room in Cindy’s honor at the Innovative Clinical Trials Center at Baylor Charles A Sammons Cancer Center. Two of our own family members, Tracy Kaye and Renee Denton, were both diagnosed with breast cancer in recent years, and the team at Baylor have been alongside them every step of the way for their successful fight. The physicians and staff at Baylor have given so much to Kaye/Bassman over the years, and it is our privilege to give back to them in return.
We also support Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, a form of MD that typically limits itself to male youth. Symptoms usually appear before age 6, and by age 12, most patients are conned to a wheelchair. There is no known cure for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. Treatment aims to control symptoms to maximize quality of life. The Association’s programs are funded almost entirely by individual private contributors. MDA seeks no government grants, United Way funding or fees from those it serves. We are personally connected to this cause as one of our former Partner’s sons has been diagnosed with the disease. We are hopeful to provide funding for a cure.
Every ticket sold is not only 100% tax deductible, but 100% of the proceeds go directly to our deserving charities. Together we can make a lasting impact and make this a star-studded affair. Call us to explore how your support can make a difference!
To purchase tickets to attend the event: http://kbicfoundation.org/product/hollywood-power-couple-2-tickets-event/
If you would like to make a flat donation: http://kbicfoundation.org/product/craft-services-flat-donation/
$500 Sponsors and ABOVE receive raffle tickets as part of your sponsorship package! Past Raffle Items Include:
- Seven night stay at the luxurious Grand Mayan Resort – your choice of Nuevo Vallarta, Cabo san Lucas, or Riviera Maya!
- Ultimate Limo and Dine-Around Experience featuring Iron Chef Kent Rathbun and the Top Restaurants of Dallas
- Two day fishing excursion for two at the award-winning Lodge at Chama in the high country of northern New Mexico
- Two night stay, tour, and barrel tasting at the Chalk Hill Winery in Sonoma, CA
- Private Luxury Suite at the American Airlines Center for a Dallas Mavericks or Dallas Stars regular season game
- Seven Night Stay at the Grand Lodge on Peak 7 in Breckenridge, Colorado
- Gorgeous jewelry from the Pailet Diamond Company and Kendra Scott Jewelry
- 50,000 American Express Points redeemable for anything from air, to hotel, to electronics, to gift certificates!
- Membership and personal training sessions at the premier fitness facility of Willow Bend Fitness Club
- Gift Certificates to restaurants including Bob’s Steak and Chop House, Del Frisco’s, Kenichi, Eddie V’s, Maguire’s, Nobu, Fireside Pies, Snuffer’s, and Society Bakery!
- Gift Certificates for hour-long massages at Massage Envy, virtual golf with TopGolf Dallas, Day at the Races at Lone Star Park, and green fees at The Honors Golf Club