When the monotony of your 9-5 gets to be too much, you need to find a source of motivation. Sometimes, that can come from an unexpected place. Below are 12 motivational quotes from various comedians across the nation that all offer a little slice of inspiration – be the best version of yourself today.
- “Be so good they can’t ignore you.” -Steve Martin
- “The great thing about taking big chances when you’re younger is you have less to lose, and you don’t know as much. So you take big swings.” -Amy Poehler
- ”Whenever you leave behind failure, you’re doing good. If you think everything you’ve done is great, you’re probably dumb.” -Louis C.K.
- “Don’t become something just because someone else wants you to, or because it’s easy; you won’t be happy. You have to do what you really, really, really, really want to do, even if it scares the shit out of you.” -Kristen Wiig
- ”Work hard, be kind and amazing things will happen.” -Conan O’Brien
- ”I’ve always been in the right place and time. Of course, I steered myself there.” -Bob Hope
- ”Love what you do. Get good at it. Competence is a rare commodity in this day and age. And let the chips fall where they may.” -Jon Stewart
- “In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.” -Bill Cosby
- “You can’t be that kid standing at the top of the water slide overthinking it. You have to go down the chute.” -Tina Fey
- “I honestly think it is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate.” -George Burns
- “Most people work just hard enough to not get fired and get paid just enough money not to quit.” -George Carlin
- “You should bring something into the world that wasn’t in the world before. It doesn’t matter what that it. It doesn’t mater if it’s a table or a film or gardening – everyone should create. You should do something, then sit back and say, ‘I did that.’” -Ricky Gervais