Position: System Vice President of Pharmacy Services
Location: Rochester, NY
Company: Rochester Regional Health
Specialty: Pharmacy Services; Pharmacy Program
Compensation: Competitive Salary, Benefits and Relocation Assistance
System Vice President of Pharmacy Services Position Details
The Vice President, Pharmacy Services at Rochester Regional Health will direct the pharmacy practice and is responsible for the strategic planning and implementation of system-wide pharmacy services across the continuum. S/he will develop long and short-term strategies to standardize pharmacy structures and practices. Directs system-wide deployment of any medication management related to third party relationships to ensure medication management alignment and pharmacy practice model. Coordinates inter-affiliate cooperation to contain costs and provide the maximum level of services to patient, providers, and hospital staff. Collaborates with site-specific administrative, physician, and pharmacy leadership to ensure performance and to maintain the quality of pharmacy services. The successful Vice President will have a distinguished record of performance in Pharmacy as mentioned here.
The Health System:
Rochester Regional Health is the leading provider of comprehensive care for Western New York and the Finger Lakes region. From harnessing research and technology, to helping patients redefine the odds—we are leading the evolution of healthcare. It’s a commitment to health that exceeds expectations, reaching beyond the present into what’s next.
Formed in 2014 with the joining of Rochester General and Unity Health systems, now, as one organization, Rochester Regional Health brings to its mission a broad spectrum of resources, an ability to advocate for better care, a commitment to innovation, and an abiding dedication to caring for the community.
Offering comprehensive care from 150 locations, Rochester Regional serves 1.2 million residents across more than 4,000 square miles. Although the system includes five hospitals, we serve the community as a truly integrated health services organization. Our network includes:
- Five (5) Hospitals, totaling 1,300 Beds, including a 520-Bed Teaching Hospital
- 340B, Specialty Pharmacy, EPIC system
- Three (3) Outpatient Oncology Clinics
- Three (3) Retail Apothecaries
- Rochester General Medical Group, 48 owned practices
- ElderONE/PACE (Program for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) and home health programs
- Outpatient laboratories
- Rehabilitation programs and surgical centers
- Independent and assisted living centers and skilled nursing facilities
Your Mission as the Vice President:
- Responsible for the overall operations of pharmacy services, including personnel, budget, and quality performance.
- Leads the development and supports on-going performance for system activities, including systems, equipment, technology, protocol development, P&T activities, and new programs and services. Supports and collaborates with 340B program team to ensure alignment of operational activities.
- Plans, organizes, and directs system pharmacy operations in accordance with accepted professional standards, regulatory compliance and policies of administration while maintaining current knowledge through participation in professional activities.
- Responsible for the design, execution and effectiveness of a system of internal controls, which provides reasonable assurance that operations are effective and efficient, financial information is reliable and applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures are within compliance.
- Recognizes and implements continuous improvement changes that will prevent or reduce reoccurrence of issues and improves outcomes.
- Develops strategy and maintains system-wide drug distribution systems including but not limited to ADMs, unit dose distribution, IV compounding, TPN, sample medication utilization.
- Manages the development, negotiations, evaluation, supplier selection, implementation of RRH contract for pharmaceutical goods and services in collaboration with Purchasing.
- Monitors drug and supply expense and utilization; identifies opportunities to reduce cost and improve outcomes.
- Evaluates and oversees all affiliate pharmacy practices: reporting, record keeping, security of medications and other controlled substances, including reporting of findings.
- Establishes a system whereby pharmacotherapy expertise is leveraged system-wide to assure the quality of care, including Specialty Clinical Pharmacy teams and services (e.g. Antimicrobial Stewardship).
- Oversees the program for pharmacy residents, interns, and students.
Education & Experience:
- Graduate from an accredited School of Pharmacy
- At least ten (10) years of experience as hospital pharmacist; at least five (5) years in management in a multi-facility setting
- Preferred: MBA or equivalent degree
- State of New York Pharmacist Licensure, or eligibility by contract start date
For confidential consideration, all interested candidates should submit an updated Resume/CV to Pharmacy@kbic.com or call (972) 265-5236 to be considered for this leadership opportunity.
Kaye/Bassman Pharmacy has been retained to provide executive search services for Rochester Regional Health. Rochester Regional Health is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.